VIDWAN, a MoE project, is India's most comprehensive database of profiles of scientists, researchers, and other faculty members who work in India's leading academic institutions and other R & D organisations engaged in teaching and research. It includes details such as the expert's background, contact information, experience, scholarly publications, skills and accomplishments, researcher identification, and so on.
The database was created and is maintained by the Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) with funding from the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NME-ICT). The database will be useful in selecting expert panels for various committees and taskforces constituted by Ministries / Government entities for the aim of monitoring and assessment.
The key objectives:
- Quickly and conveniently provide information about expert to peers, prospective collaborators, funding agencies policy makers and research scholar in the country.
- Identify peer reviewers for articles and research proposal.
- Discover prospective collaborators for on-going research projects.
- Establish communication directly with the experts who possess the expertise needed by users.
- To create information exchanges and networking opportunities among scientists.