About Industrial Interaction
Better interaction between Technical institutions and industry is the need of the hour. This will have great bearing on the Professional Course Curriculum, exposure of industrial atmosphere to students and subsequent placement of young graduating or post graduating students in industries across the country. With the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among industries have become stiff. To solve their engineering or managerial problems they look up now to Institutions. Similarly, there is an urgent need to prepare professional students for jobs in multinational companies, by exposing them to newer technologies and engineering/managerial methodologies. These objectives can only be achieved well by bridging the gap between industry and the academic institutes.
To Promote Industry
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging engineers or managers from industry to visit Engineering Institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of students & staff members to various industry.
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practicing engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practicing of students.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. Projects / dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- Professorial Chairs sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries at the Institute for students.
- Practical training of students in industries.